Crime/Police
Security Audit Of Cyril B Romney Tortola Pier Park Commissioned, Confirms Communications and Works Minister Kye Rymer
– Final Report To Be Submitted July 10
Communications and Works Minister Kye Rymer has revealed that a thorough security audit of the Cyril B Romney Tortola Pier Park has been commissioned to identify security vulnerabilities.
The decisoin was made following a July 2 emergency meeting between the Minister Rymer, who is responsible for ports, and key stakeholders, including the chairpersons of the British Virgin Islands Tourist Board and the British Virgin Islands Ports Authority and Acting Commissioner of the Royal Virgin Islands Police Force.
A government statement said the audit will assess existing security protocols and systems, identify vulnerabilities, and propose necessary enhancements. A final report will be presented to Minister Rymer, the BVI Ports Authority, and Tortola Pier Park Limited Boards on July 10.
The meeting, which was held a day after the daring daylight armed robbery at House of Luxury, primary focus was to collaborate on robust strategies to enhance security measures at the park.
At around 2 p.m. on July 1, two persons dressed in all white robbed the House of Luxury jewellery store of an undisclosed some of valuables, firing gunshots in the air as they fled the Cyril B Romney Tortola Pier Park.
No one was injured during the daring crime which was witnessed by several persons in and around the Pier Park in Road Town.
Police have been given full access to the park’s CCTV cameras and have also appealed to eyewitness to assist with the investigation by sharing any details of the crime they remember.
The Minister has also requested additional support from the police at the park to reinforce public confidence, while ensuring a positive guest experience until the audit is completed.
He stressed that all relevent agencies are committed to the safety of both citizens and visitors, and dedicated to promptly addressing the incident and implementing measures to strengthen a security at the Cyril B. Romney Tortola Pier Park.
Witnesses are asked to call the RVIPF Intelligence Unit at 368-9339, or Crimestoppers at 8008477.


Crime/Police
Small Brent” Wanted in VI Murder Case Now Named in Sint Maarten Double Homicide Probe
The fugitive known as John Dawn Emmanuel, also identified as Brent Dain Danglade and the alias “Small Brent,” who was first named by the Royal Virgin Islands Police Force (RVIPF) in connection with the May 2025 murder of Nyron Erickson in Tortola, is now also being sought by authorities in Sint Maarten in relation to a separate double homicide investigation.
JTV News will continue following developments in this major regional manhunt.

Crime/Police
Tarik Aaron Arrested on USVI Extradition Warrant
The Royal Virgin Islands Police Force has confirmed that Tarik Aaron was arrested shortly before midnight on Friday, April 17, on extradition orders issued by authorities in the United States Virgin Islands, and has since appeared before the Magistrate’s Court.
According to police, the arrest was carried out in connection with a request from USVI authorities, though further details have not been disclosed.
Further updates are expected as more information becomes available.
Crime/Police
Two Men Arrested in Free Bottom After Police Recover Modified Firearm, Drugs and Ammunition
Dalfree Rodriguez De La Rosa, 22, of Hannah’s Estate, Tortola, and John Harvey, 33, of Purcell Estate, Tortola, were arrested on April 16, after officers of the Royal Virgin Islands Police Force (RVIPF) recovered a modified firearm, cannabis and ammunition during a stop-and-check operation in Free Bottom, police said.
According to the RVIPF, officers on patrol conducted the stop and discovered a Glock pistol, a quantity of cannabis and 13 rounds of .45 caliber ammunition. The firearm was later identified as a prohibited weapon that had been modified for fully automatic fire.
De La Rosa has been charged with possession of a controlled drug with intent to supply, possession of explosives and possession of a prohibited firearm. Harvey has been charged with possession of a controlled drug with intent to supply.
Acting Commissioner Kenrick Davis, speaking on behalf of the Senior Command Team, commended the officers involved in the operation.
“Their continued professionalism, teamwork, and commitment to duty have significantly contributed to the safety and security of our community,” Davis said.
The RVIPF said the operation forms part of ongoing efforts to address illegal firearms and drug-related activity across the Territory.
-
Local News12 hours agoEast Winds Take Top Spot in BVIFA Under-14 Youth League After Week 3
-
Crime/Police11 hours agoSmall Brent” Wanted in VI Murder Case Now Named in Sint Maarten Double Homicide Probe
-
Health11 hours agoBVI Monitors Cruise Ship Hantavirus Outbreak; Health Minister Says Local Risk Remains Low
-
Local News11 hours agoMan Seriously Injured in Two-Vehicle Crash at Sea Cows Bay
-
Entertainment11 hours ago64 Nominees Announced for 2026 Virgin Islands Icon Awards
-
Education11 hours agoTVET Week 2026 Highlights Skills Training as Key to BVI’s Future
-
Local News11 hours agoWinston Bolus League Opens With Wins for Relentless and Run It Up
-
Local News11 hours agoNick Spizzirri Wins EMCs Tortola Classics Title After Five-Game Final












