Crime/Police
NSC approves $20,000 reward in connection with recent murders
The National Security Council (NSC) said in a statement on Monday that it has approved a proposal to offer a reward of $20,000 in obtaining information that will lead to the successful prosecution of offenders for each of the two most recent murders.
SEE THE FULL STATEMENT BELOW
The National Security Council (NSC) met today for an emergency meeting at which the body condemned the two recent brazen murders in the Territory, and also discussed the current security situation. The Council was briefed by Deputy Commissioner of Police Jacqueline Vanterpool on the steps the police are taking to reassure the community, including increased patrolling.
As a further sign of its commitment, the Council approved the proposal to offer a reward of twenty thousand dollars ($20,000) in obtaining information that will lead to the successful prosecution of offenders for each of these two most recent murders.
Council is encouraging the community to assist the Police by calling in with tips at Crime Stoppers and the confidential and untraceable hotline 800-8477[TIPS], 800-847-8477 and 368-9339. Council recognised that persons may have witnessed these brazen crimes, one of which was committed during daylight; therefore, any information that can be provided to the authorities may be helpful.
Council reassures the public that the Royal Virgin Islands Police Force is using every available tool to bring criminals to justice and to arrest the current trend of escalating crime, involving firearms.
The NSC reiterated its paramount concern for the safety and security for the people of the Virgin Islands and reaffirmed its commitment to a zero tolerance policy on crime.
The National Security Council considers matters relating to internal security and any significant security developments in the Territory, including the occurrence of significant criminal activity. The NSC comprises the Governor, as Chairman and members, including the Premier; one other Minister, who is the Deputy Premier and Minister for Communication and Works; the Attorney General (ex-officio) and the Commissioner of Police (ex-officio).
Crime/Police
Small Brent” Wanted in VI Murder Case Now Named in Sint Maarten Double Homicide Probe
The fugitive known as John Dawn Emmanuel, also identified as Brent Dain Danglade and the alias “Small Brent,” who was first named by the Royal Virgin Islands Police Force (RVIPF) in connection with the May 2025 murder of Nyron Erickson in Tortola, is now also being sought by authorities in Sint Maarten in relation to a separate double homicide investigation.
JTV News will continue following developments in this major regional manhunt.

Crime/Police
Tarik Aaron Arrested on USVI Extradition Warrant
The Royal Virgin Islands Police Force has confirmed that Tarik Aaron was arrested shortly before midnight on Friday, April 17, on extradition orders issued by authorities in the United States Virgin Islands, and has since appeared before the Magistrate’s Court.
According to police, the arrest was carried out in connection with a request from USVI authorities, though further details have not been disclosed.
Further updates are expected as more information becomes available.
Crime/Police
Two Men Arrested in Free Bottom After Police Recover Modified Firearm, Drugs and Ammunition
Dalfree Rodriguez De La Rosa, 22, of Hannah’s Estate, Tortola, and John Harvey, 33, of Purcell Estate, Tortola, were arrested on April 16, after officers of the Royal Virgin Islands Police Force (RVIPF) recovered a modified firearm, cannabis and ammunition during a stop-and-check operation in Free Bottom, police said.
According to the RVIPF, officers on patrol conducted the stop and discovered a Glock pistol, a quantity of cannabis and 13 rounds of .45 caliber ammunition. The firearm was later identified as a prohibited weapon that had been modified for fully automatic fire.
De La Rosa has been charged with possession of a controlled drug with intent to supply, possession of explosives and possession of a prohibited firearm. Harvey has been charged with possession of a controlled drug with intent to supply.
Acting Commissioner Kenrick Davis, speaking on behalf of the Senior Command Team, commended the officers involved in the operation.
“Their continued professionalism, teamwork, and commitment to duty have significantly contributed to the safety and security of our community,” Davis said.
The RVIPF said the operation forms part of ongoing efforts to address illegal firearms and drug-related activity across the Territory.
-
Local News11 hours agoEast Winds Take Top Spot in BVIFA Under-14 Youth League After Week 3
-
Crime/Police10 hours agoSmall Brent” Wanted in VI Murder Case Now Named in Sint Maarten Double Homicide Probe
-
Health10 hours agoBVI Monitors Cruise Ship Hantavirus Outbreak; Health Minister Says Local Risk Remains Low
-
Local News11 hours agoMan Seriously Injured in Two-Vehicle Crash at Sea Cows Bay
-
Entertainment10 hours ago64 Nominees Announced for 2026 Virgin Islands Icon Awards
-
Education11 hours agoTVET Week 2026 Highlights Skills Training as Key to BVI’s Future
-
Local News11 hours agoWinston Bolus League Opens With Wins for Relentless and Run It Up
-
Local News11 hours agoNick Spizzirri Wins EMCs Tortola Classics Title After Five-Game Final












