Crime/Police
Police Sergeant Cleared of All Charges in High-Profile Case
Police Sergeant Lenroy Samuel was acquitted of charges of Obstructing the Course of Justice and Breach of Trust on Tuesday, December 3. Justice Stanley John instructed a jury to deliver not guilty verdicts on both counts, bringing an end to the three-year legal ordeal for the officer.
“You are discharged,” Justice John told Samuel shortly before noon, marking his formal release from the charges that had loomed over him since his 2021 arrest.
The allegations stemmed from a 2020 incident in which Samuel was accused of communicating with a detainee and the detainee’s sister, allegedly resulting in the disappearance of a cellphone belonging to the person in custody. Samuel was arrested nearly a year after the incident.
The trial opened Tuesday morning in the High Court, beginning with the selection of a nine-member jury and two alternates. However, proceedings took a dramatic turn when defense attorney Stephen Daniels argued that evidence central to the prosecution’s case had been improperly obtained.
In a preliminary hearing without the jury present, Daniels contended that the Royal Virgin Islands Police Force (RVIPF) had failed to secure warrants for critical evidence, including Samuel’s phone records, CCTV footage, and telecommunications data, from the High Court as required by law. Instead, the warrants had been issued by the Magistrate’s Court, a procedural error that Daniels argued invalidated the evidence.
Senior Crown Counsel Sherman MacNicols, representing the prosecution, conceded the error but urged the court to allow the evidence to stand due to the nature of the allegations. However, Justice John was unpersuaded.
“I don’t think this is a case I can step out of the box,” the judge remarked, rejecting the prosecution’s argument.
The exclusion of the improperly obtained evidence proved decisive. The prosecution admitted they could not proceed without it, as it underpinned testimony from two key witnesses.
With the jury recalled, Justice John explained the circumstances and directed them to return not guilty verdicts on both charges. Samuel, a long-serving officer, walked out of court a free man, with the case against him effectively dismantled.
Crime/Police
Small Brent” Wanted in VI Murder Case Now Named in Sint Maarten Double Homicide Probe
The fugitive known as John Dawn Emmanuel, also identified as Brent Dain Danglade and the alias “Small Brent,” who was first named by the Royal Virgin Islands Police Force (RVIPF) in connection with the May 2025 murder of Nyron Erickson in Tortola, is now also being sought by authorities in Sint Maarten in relation to a separate double homicide investigation.
JTV News will continue following developments in this major regional manhunt.

Crime/Police
Tarik Aaron Arrested on USVI Extradition Warrant
The Royal Virgin Islands Police Force has confirmed that Tarik Aaron was arrested shortly before midnight on Friday, April 17, on extradition orders issued by authorities in the United States Virgin Islands, and has since appeared before the Magistrate’s Court.
According to police, the arrest was carried out in connection with a request from USVI authorities, though further details have not been disclosed.
Further updates are expected as more information becomes available.
Crime/Police
Two Men Arrested in Free Bottom After Police Recover Modified Firearm, Drugs and Ammunition
Dalfree Rodriguez De La Rosa, 22, of Hannah’s Estate, Tortola, and John Harvey, 33, of Purcell Estate, Tortola, were arrested on April 16, after officers of the Royal Virgin Islands Police Force (RVIPF) recovered a modified firearm, cannabis and ammunition during a stop-and-check operation in Free Bottom, police said.
According to the RVIPF, officers on patrol conducted the stop and discovered a Glock pistol, a quantity of cannabis and 13 rounds of .45 caliber ammunition. The firearm was later identified as a prohibited weapon that had been modified for fully automatic fire.
De La Rosa has been charged with possession of a controlled drug with intent to supply, possession of explosives and possession of a prohibited firearm. Harvey has been charged with possession of a controlled drug with intent to supply.
Acting Commissioner Kenrick Davis, speaking on behalf of the Senior Command Team, commended the officers involved in the operation.
“Their continued professionalism, teamwork, and commitment to duty have significantly contributed to the safety and security of our community,” Davis said.
The RVIPF said the operation forms part of ongoing efforts to address illegal firearms and drug-related activity across the Territory.
-
Local News12 hours agoEast Winds Take Top Spot in BVIFA Under-14 Youth League After Week 3
-
Crime/Police12 hours agoSmall Brent” Wanted in VI Murder Case Now Named in Sint Maarten Double Homicide Probe
-
Health12 hours agoBVI Monitors Cruise Ship Hantavirus Outbreak; Health Minister Says Local Risk Remains Low
-
Local News12 hours agoMan Seriously Injured in Two-Vehicle Crash at Sea Cows Bay
-
Entertainment12 hours ago64 Nominees Announced for 2026 Virgin Islands Icon Awards
-
Education12 hours agoTVET Week 2026 Highlights Skills Training as Key to BVI’s Future
-
Local News12 hours agoWinston Bolus League Opens With Wins for Relentless and Run It Up
-
Local News12 hours agoNick Spizzirri Wins EMCs Tortola Classics Title After Five-Game Final












