Crime/Police
BVI Police Make Strides in Robbery and Property Crime Investigations
A crackdown on violent crime in the British Virgin Islands has led to multiple arrests and the seizure of illegal firearms and ammunition, authorities announced Friday, March 28.
In a series of targeted search operations, police recovered a semi-automatic handgun and dozens of rounds of ammunition, marking a significant step in the fight against armed robberies and property crimes across the territory.
As part of the ongoing investigations, the Royal Virgin Islands Police Force (RVIPF) conducted a series of search operations on March 25 at five properties linked to suspects in recent armed robberies. Officers recovered a 9mm Glock semi-automatic pistol and 41 rounds of assorted ammunition.
Authorities detained eight individuals in connection with the raids. Three were released after questioning, while five have been formally charged.
Ernest Jacobs, 59, Prynce Jacobs, 19, and a 16-year-old male, all of Josiah’s Bay, have been charged with keeping an unlicensed firearm and two counts of unlawful possession of explosives. A 14-year-old male of Purcell Estate has been charged with two counts of robbery. Ravie Joseph, 43, of Josiah’s Bay, has been charged with overstaying a landing permit.
The charges stem from separate robbery incidents on Tortola on March 3. Police had previously charged and remanded another minor in connection with the same crimes.
Acting Commissioner of Police Jacqueline Vanterpool lauded officers for their work and underscored the importance of removing illegal weapons from the streets.
“The removal of illegal firearms and ammunition from our communities is a critical step in reducing the threat of violence and protecting innocent lives,” Vanterpool said in a statement. “To date, a total of nine illegal firearms and more than 300 rounds of ammunition have been recovered as part of our intensified operations. We remain resolute in our mission to disrupt criminal networks and bring offenders to justice.”
Authorities continue to urge residents to come forward with any information that may aid ongoing investigations. Tips can be submitted to the RVIPF Intelligence Unit at 368-9339 or anonymously via Crime Stoppers at 800-8477, or internationally at (284) 800-8477.
Crime/Police
Small Brent” Wanted in VI Murder Case Now Named in Sint Maarten Double Homicide Probe
The fugitive known as John Dawn Emmanuel, also identified as Brent Dain Danglade and the alias “Small Brent,” who was first named by the Royal Virgin Islands Police Force (RVIPF) in connection with the May 2025 murder of Nyron Erickson in Tortola, is now also being sought by authorities in Sint Maarten in relation to a separate double homicide investigation.
JTV News will continue following developments in this major regional manhunt.

Crime/Police
Tarik Aaron Arrested on USVI Extradition Warrant
The Royal Virgin Islands Police Force has confirmed that Tarik Aaron was arrested shortly before midnight on Friday, April 17, on extradition orders issued by authorities in the United States Virgin Islands, and has since appeared before the Magistrate’s Court.
According to police, the arrest was carried out in connection with a request from USVI authorities, though further details have not been disclosed.
Further updates are expected as more information becomes available.
Crime/Police
Two Men Arrested in Free Bottom After Police Recover Modified Firearm, Drugs and Ammunition
Dalfree Rodriguez De La Rosa, 22, of Hannah’s Estate, Tortola, and John Harvey, 33, of Purcell Estate, Tortola, were arrested on April 16, after officers of the Royal Virgin Islands Police Force (RVIPF) recovered a modified firearm, cannabis and ammunition during a stop-and-check operation in Free Bottom, police said.
According to the RVIPF, officers on patrol conducted the stop and discovered a Glock pistol, a quantity of cannabis and 13 rounds of .45 caliber ammunition. The firearm was later identified as a prohibited weapon that had been modified for fully automatic fire.
De La Rosa has been charged with possession of a controlled drug with intent to supply, possession of explosives and possession of a prohibited firearm. Harvey has been charged with possession of a controlled drug with intent to supply.
Acting Commissioner Kenrick Davis, speaking on behalf of the Senior Command Team, commended the officers involved in the operation.
“Their continued professionalism, teamwork, and commitment to duty have significantly contributed to the safety and security of our community,” Davis said.
The RVIPF said the operation forms part of ongoing efforts to address illegal firearms and drug-related activity across the Territory.
-
Local News11 hours agoEast Winds Take Top Spot in BVIFA Under-14 Youth League After Week 3
-
Crime/Police10 hours agoSmall Brent” Wanted in VI Murder Case Now Named in Sint Maarten Double Homicide Probe
-
Health10 hours agoBVI Monitors Cruise Ship Hantavirus Outbreak; Health Minister Says Local Risk Remains Low
-
Local News11 hours agoMan Seriously Injured in Two-Vehicle Crash at Sea Cows Bay
-
Entertainment10 hours ago64 Nominees Announced for 2026 Virgin Islands Icon Awards
-
Education11 hours agoTVET Week 2026 Highlights Skills Training as Key to BVI’s Future
-
Local News11 hours agoWinston Bolus League Opens With Wins for Relentless and Run It Up
-
Local News11 hours agoNick Spizzirri Wins EMCs Tortola Classics Title After Five-Game Final












